Current Size: 100%
The East Dubuque District Library was formed in 1937 as a WPA project. It was a city library at that time. In 1997, the library went to referendum to become a district library. The referendum passed and more than doubled the population served by the library. The library began to serve this new population out of its old and very small building on the corner of Sinsinawa and Wisconsin Avenue. In September of 2007 the library moved to its temporary location on Wall Street. A year and half later the library again moved. We now enjoy a permanent home at 122 Wisconsin. The library currently serves a population of 4459 and has two grade schools and one high school in our district.